Welcome
[Welcome to Elvis Collector Worldwide on freeforums.org. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Elvis Presley Funeral video

Elvis Presley Funeral video

Postby JSchrembs » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:10 am

Elvis is missed, by fans worldwide, every moment of everyday. May that never change.
JSchrembs
Site Admin

Re: Elvis Presley Funeral video

Postby tonytrout » Wed May 25, 2016 9:30 pm

I became a fan after Elvis's death (in 1987-1988 during the "Is Elvis Alive?" stupidity) and - to this day - I have never seen complete video (if there is any) of the funeral procession that took Elvis's body to Forest Hill Cemetery's mausoleum before he was moved to Graceland on October 3, 1977 due to the body-snatching attempt.

Speaking of that, I spoke via IM with one of the men who set that whole deal up - Ron "Bear" Tyler (a.k.a "Ronnie Lee Adkins.") Ronnie Lee Adkins was Ron's real name but he changed it many years ago due to Governmental issues, I was told.

When I asked Ron about the body-snatching attempt, he told me everything. He said that they didn't succeed in getting to the casket & the body so - they were only charged with a mis-demeanor and released. The attempt took place simply because they wanted to see if it could be done - and because they were drunk. Three other men were arrested along with Ron. When I asked Ron where these men are today, he said point-blank: "I don't know and I don't care, Tony."

Today, Ron is (or was) a minister. He also was in the process of writing a book about the body-snatching attempt but - I don't know if he ever started or finished it. I haven't spoken to him in a long time.
tonytrout

Return to Elvis Photos & Family